Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fin de Octubre

Woah.  It's really starting to hit me that my time in Paraguay is running out.  My friends back home have started contacting me about events happening in the next couple of months. Things that I may actually be able to attend.  That hasn't happened in over two years!

Life in the campo has been pretty tranquilo, but whenever I leave, it's just insane.  For the entire month, I have been at home for three or four days, then hopping on a bus to go to somewhere else, than going back home for a few days... it's been a crazy month of medical appointments, meeting new volunteers, helping out with training-- just a lot of stuff going on.  I've barely had time to draft up my final reports and develop a new resume.

But most of that stuff is done now, and November is on it's way.  I don't know 100% how I feel about it yet.  About half of my training group is leaving early for one reason or another. We're having our "G" despedida in Asuncion the second week of November, and almost immediately following, they're going to be getting on their planes and heading out.  It's going to be a little sad, I think, when our Close of Service Ceremony is only attended by like 10 people, haha.  Oh well.  It's getting to the point where we have to cut some ties and try to shed the co-dependency that we've built over the last two years and prepare ourselves for the ambitious, fast-paced life in the United States.

I know I promised some videos... I have a couple done that just need to be uploaded.  Maybe once I find a decent internet connection.



No comments: