Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Creative Title Here

So friends, it's been like a month since my last update.  Fail.  This is going to be kind of raw update.  No pics or vids, and probably a lot of rambling.  I'm finding hard to focus as of late due to the fact that I'm going home in a month or so for the holidays.

It's hard to decide what to write about.  I'm spending a lot of time trying to avoid the heat.  It's not full-force yet, but every day is at least 85 to 90F so all work has to be done in the morning.  I am working in my two demo-plots and my garden, going to comite meetings and drinking terere with people in my community.  It's a lot of the same every week, so maybe that's why I feel like I don't have that much to say.

Lets see, other than that I'm really into Survivor and Harry Potter right now, but that's nothing new.  Lol, that really hasn't changed since I was like 14.  I find myself rooting for Lisa Whelchel, which is super random (remember those workout videos mom?  It's weird that I remember that), Jonathan Penner, and Denise.  Haha, I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about.

Oh, here's something interesting.  Last week we had a VAC meeting in Yaguaron (about 1.5 hrs north of Ybycui), and we went to this community theatre event.  It got weird, people.  It was all in Guarani for the most part, but by talking with my fellow PCVs that went, we were able to figure out the plot.  Apparently it was about a poor man that met Death somehow, and managed to scare him up into a tree.  Don't ask me why Death is afraid of heights, but he wouldn't come down from the tree.  So because Death wasn't collecting anyone, no one was dying, so the world was filling up with zombies (sort of).  So St. Peter (who of course is sitting up in heaven drinking terere) has a talk with Death and the Devil (who is a large flambuoyant man covered in glitter and feather boas... huh?), and somehow convinces Death to get out of the tree.  Then the main character climbs the tree to escape Death, because he knows Death is afraid of heights.  It was all very strange and confusing.

From re-reading that last paragraph, I think it's probably better that I end this and just come back when I have something real to write about.  So, with that, have a good weekend!

No comments: