Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Staging and Departure

Well guys, I'm flying out tonight at 11:30PM.  I somehow ended up a group leader, so I have to keep track of 7 other people.  It's all good though... I think that taking on some responsibility has shifted my mind from all of the things that are happening.  Before I know it, I'll be passed out on a plane overnight and hopefully waking up in Buenos Aires.

Staging has been great.  I suppose that this knot in the pit of my stomach will disappear eventually, and much of it will be due to the great people that I am traveling with.  Though we're all different, it's very apparent that we have a lot in common.  The staging was comprised of 35 Peace Corps Trainees, all of whom are part of the Agriculture or Environmental Education sectors.  Today was full of icebreakers and opportunities to get to know each other, as well as discussing our anxieties and aspirations.

Please pray that I will continue to find Christian fellowship as I serve with trainees, volunteers, and native Paraguayans.  I have met one other believer in the group, which is a HUGE answer to prayer.  So keep 'em coming guys!  Have a great week and I definitely am looking forward to future correspondence.

Adios Estados Unidos! Next stop Argentina!

3 comments:

Aryn Shillair said...

Praise the Lord! God is so faithful. It's great to know that even though you're flying to a different continent God is carrying both of us in His hand. We'll be praying daily for you and your team.

Donna said...

Bryce - it was so good to hear from you today! This blog is going to be awesome. It will be such a great way for you to record things so that you have them long after you return - you know you are in our prayers for a smooth flight! God is so good.

Dayna said...

Team leader huh? Get ready for God to do even more amazing things. Praying for you always!