Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm in Miami trick...

So many  things in my life come down to LMFAO songs.  There's something seriously wrong with that... :-p

Hello!  I realize it's been a while since I gave an update.  After my final day of work, I moved all of my stuff back to Lansing and then took off for 4 days in Washington with my sister and my niece.  We had a blast, but when I got home it was total crunch-time.  I had two days to pack and get mentally prepared to leave.

I'm currently in my hotel room in Miami awaiting a supposed room mate for the evening.  Registration doesn't start until 6PM, so I have plenty of time to explore/adjust.  It's been an emotional few days for me, and I'm not entirely sure why.  It's not as if I'd never left home before.  But now, instead of just an hour drive, it's a 10 hour plane ride.

Please pray that God will give me peace and flexibility.  I know that it is completely natural to ask questions like "What am I doing?!" or "I'm sure about this, right?"  I need to move forward from that.  There are some awesome people and great experiences to be had in Paraguay, and I need to stop focusing on what I'm leaving behind and embrace the adventure ahead of me.  I'm sure it will be a rough couple of weeks, but I'll find my groove.  Thanks to all of you came to see me/say goodbye before I took off.  It meant a lot.  God, family, and friends are all that is really important in life, and I'm incredibly blessed to be surrounded by so many supportive people.

I have registration tonight, some orientation stuff tomorrow, and then I leave for Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow night at 11:30.  Then I will DEFINITELY be off the grid for a few days... probably until Sunday or Monday.  It's going to take a while to get settled, meet my host family, etc.   I look forward to keeping you up to date on what I'm doing and I hope you enjoy reading this blog.  I'm going to do my best to update it on a regular basis.

For those of you who don't have my contact information, I've listed my email and skype screen name on the sidebar.

No comments: