Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'M ON A BOAT

=D Terrible, but hilarious.

I just got back Tuesday morning from another great weekend in DC. I'm pretty sure I am going to move there eventually. The city just has a lot to offer, and I love it. I finally did the Supreme Court tour, so I can finally check that one off my list. I think I've seen just about everything there now...it only took 4 trips. =D

Some of you may not know that we had some torrential rains a couple of weeks back, and that my office flooded. I wrote this poem in an email, and thought it would make an epic blog post. Enjoy!

Ode to the Office That Crapped Itself.

Office, oh office, you fill my nose with stench.
Office, oh office, you smell like something French.
Why did the rain have to seep in through the floor?
Why couldn't it have just stayed outside the door?
Office, oh office, you've made my monday lame.
Office, oh office, I don't know who to blame.

Do I pin it on God, who has power for the weather?
Do I pin it on a raindancer, that pranced with a feather?
NO. I blame the engineer who designed this stupid place.
Yes! It's your fault. Come here. I'll punch you in the face!

Office, oh office, do something. DO SOMETHING FAST.
Office, oh office, I just don't think I can last.
What can we do when your carpet smells like poo?
What do I tell our customers, who think it's me--not you?
Office, oh office, I won't accept your stink.
Office, oh office, this is what I think:

LET ME GO HOME. Right now! Not later!
LET ME GO HOME. I'm a poo-smell hater!
Yes. I dare say it is time for me to leave.
No! I won't wait for the return of Steve.

Office. OFFICE. OFFICE! WHY OH WHY?!?!
That is it. this is all. I SAY GOODBYE.


Some of my better work, I must say. Maybe I'll just start writing poetry for my entries.

Monday I'm off to Oklahoma City until the 24th. I'm looking forward to the trip. As long as the group is fun, I'm sure it's going to be a blast.

1 comment:

laura said...

love it!

i agree, more poetry would be nice. although, you're going to have to work hard to top this one. i think you can do it.