Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nebraska

I recently just returned from NRCS orientation in Nebraska. I didn't expect much from the training OR the state of Nebraska, but I was pleasantly surprised! The place where we stayed was really cool, the people were great, and I learned a lot. I ate far too much, though.

There were people from Wyoming, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Virginia, Utah, Georgia, etc. It was crazy to see how diverse agriculture is in the United States, and how even though we all work for the same agency, we all do very different things.



It was good prep for my three weeks in Oklahoma later this summer. I wasn't too optimistic about that trip either, so hopefully it goes just as well as this one did. It's really all about the people at the trainings. If they are fun, the trip is fun.

No comments: