Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

I love Washington DC. It's basically my favorite place in the United States to visit. So when I found out my dad was going to be on a detail at USDA headquarters for a few months, I got very excited. I just returned from my first trip down there this summer. I'm hoping that I can find a cheap ticket and make it down in late June sometime.

I don't quite know what it is about the city that gets me. Maybe it's that I find American History to be more interesting than those wacky Europeans, but I just love being there. There are so many places to walk around and see, and something is going on all the time. Protests, motorcades, speeches... I just like the energy that the city has.

We're coming up to Memorial Day, which means my birthday is getting closer. I'm sort of past the age of when I look forward to my birthday. I don't mind getting older, it's just not thrilling anymore. I miss the days when a birthday meant that cupcakes were brought to school and we played games in class. I'd gladly take the cupcakes and the games...but let's leave the whole school thing out of it. =D

1 comment:

laura said...

i'm glad you had a good time in D.C. i love that city too!

also, i agree with the whole cupcake and games thing...those were the days...