Friday, March 13, 2009

Emo

Life moves so fast. I was sifting over Laura's blog today, checking out her pics, etc... and it scares me that it's almost been a year since I returned from my semester in the Philippines. Looking at my blog history, I've only made 11 posts in that year, probably because I'm so busy I've totally forgotten about writing. And THAT bothers me because I told myself I was going to hold on to the relaxed and slow-paced Filipino lifestyle, because I honestly believe it's a healthier and better way to live--and I failed. That's something to work on, I guess.

Ugh. Why so serious all the time? No. :-p

I found a church in Ann Arbor! I went to a small group on Sunday, and we're going to meet again this week. It's a funny (but embarrassing) story on how I ended up there...but I'll tell it anyway.

Last Sunday was Daylight Savings Time, which means since it's spring we're supposed to "spring forward." I, being the genius that I am, could not figure out what that meant. I just couldn't make it make sense in my mind that I needed to set my clocks forward an hour. So after an hour (seriously) of agonizing over what to do and unsuccessfully searching online for answers (again...seriously), I just gave up and decided to go to an 11:00AM service and check my phone in the morning, which hopefully would just automatically change.

So therefore I ended up at Huron Hills Church, a place that I had visited before. And it worked out perfectly because they were starting a new series for the spring, and with it, jumpstarting new small groups! I met some great people, and I'm excited to be getting involved somewhere again.

Well, hopefully more to come from this blog... It's amazing how writing stuff out brings clarity.

2 comments:

laura said...

oh bryce! i was happy that they don't do the whole "spring forward" thing over here. i did get confused though, because i still keep the clock on my computer set to the time back home, and i didn't think that it would change automatically, but it did, so when i was talking to my family i was all mixed up with the time. all that to say, i wasn't even apart of DST and it still messed with my head.

i'm glad that you've found a church to go to. i hope that it makes AA start to feel a little more like "home."

p.s. i expect more frequent posts out of you mister. get on it!

Jin said...

Haha searching online..... You shoulda just called =P