Sunday, January 25, 2009

Washington

I've been in Washington since Thursday, and we just returned from a ski trip to Mt. Baker. I went with Aryn and Tim and 6 other people from their church and we rented a cabin about 30 minutes from the mountain.

The place was amazing. It had a woodstove (that later made the place WAY too hot), a hot tub, and pretty much a room for each of us to sleep. It was in a vally with a river running right through the back yard, and the contrast of the snow with the moss and the conifers was really cool. It was basically sunny for the entire time, which was a blessing.

We spent the entire day yesterday skiing on the mountain. I did pretty well-- only a couple of minor falls. I was pretty happy with myself because it was my first time out for the year. The runs at Baker are much, much longer than anything I've ever skied before, so my quads were killing me by the end of the day. Some of the lifts took like 10-15 minutes just to make it to the top.

Last night we just sat in the hot tub and ate. We had so much food.

Overall it was a fantastic weekend. I think I'm seriously going to consider the Northwest when I am done in Ann Arbor. This area is absolutely beautiful, and the skiing is awesome.

My flight leaves tomorrow at 12:45, so it's back to the real world.

1 comment:

Danae Mowry said...

yay! check it out! I have a blog!

it's all about design, but some life stories pop up here and there.

hows your week been?