Monday, March 3, 2008

This is not for those easily grossed out...

I put a disclaimer up because some may find this entry gross.

There is NO SUCH THING as a working toilet in this entire country. I'm just saying, if the toilet doesn't flush, you should slap a "Out of Order" sign on it and get it fixed. None of the toilets at my office flush, only one of the toilets in my dorm flushes, and thats probably only 50% of the time. I wouldn't want to be a janitor at all, but here it would be a 1000 times worse.

One odd thing is that public toilets here have no seats. This doesn't make sense to me at all.

This morning when I woke up and went into the bathroom in my hall, there was water ALL OVER the floor. Now, I understand that it's a cultural difference, but I cannot get used to it. These people and their buckets of water that they bring into the stalls with them... honestly--keep it in the toilet or the bucket! PLEASE. I don't want to walk through your water. >:-O I don't understand the aversion to toilet paper... oh wait, the toilets don't flush.

*sigh* only 3.5 weeks until I get back to the land of working plumbing, toilet paper, and hot showers. I've had a great time here, but the bathroom situation sure has been...interesting...

No comments: