Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mount Makiling

I climbed Mt. Makiling this morning. It was pretty much one of the stupidest things I have ever done, which is why I'm posting about it AFTER I did it. :oD

I know it's not smart to hike alone early in the morning in the jungle with no load in my phone, ignoring the "DANGER! KEEP OUT" signs... I know that's dumb. But I did it anyway, and I made it down without any injuries or animal attacks. I won't push my luck though; I won't do anymore stupid things for a while...

Top 10 things I'm going to miss about the Philippines:
1. My small group
2. Chowking
3. The cheapness of EVERYTHING
4. Mocha cake from the IRRI cafeteria
5. The rainforest / Jurassic Park-like feel
6. All the walking...I walk a lot
7. Milo freezes from the Mini-Stop.
8. Palm trees
9. Kalamansi shakes from Benito's
10. Watermelon whenever I want.

I think about food way too often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo - you wanted to prove to yourself you could do this before you left....?

See the sunrise? Got some pics?

Just me...

Aryn Shillair said...

Is this the mountain with the land leeches? Sounds like an exiting time. Why is it so dangerous?
I'm sure as you come back home you'll realize that there is more than 10 things you'll miss about the Philippines. :) Talk to you tomorrow!
love,
aryn

bausonla said...

I do not believe you climbed all the way to the top of Mt. Makiling all by yourself...did you? Like the 4 to 5 hour hike to peak 2? That hike was rough. And I went with a group of people, and a guide. And we needed him. And those leeches...oo-ooh.

Qiana said...

People should read this.