Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Palm Sunday!

Hopefully everyone has a smooth trip to Texas. Congrats Bren on the two girls! It should be fun to have new additions to our family, and I'm sure watching me interacting with not one, but TWO babies should be fun for everyone else to watch. I'm not exactly the most experienced with the little ones. Your idea of leaving them with Aunt Arriann and me watching them would probably NOT be providing the best care for them, haha. She'd be much better than me, I'm sure! =D

I started my prep work for Haggai this morning. I've really enjoyed this study on the Jews in exile; it's been very interesting. I have the challenge of leading a study on a book that I just read for the first time this morning. =D I'm sure it will be fine.

10 more days in the Philippines, and I can't believe how fast it's gone. I plan on posting a list of things that I've learned while I've been here, but I'll do that closer to my departure. I took a walk yesterday and thought back to what I was thinking the first time I stepped off the plane in Manila, hopelessly lost. I've grown a lot since then.

I'm sure I've changed more than I realize, and I will notice new changes after I'm back into my own culture and familiar location. One thing I can say is that I've mellowed out a lot. I used to get so bent out of shape about such minor things! =D I still struggle with it, but it's easier for me to just let things go. We'll see if thats true though when I'm late for class next fall and I'm waiting for a train to go by while on my way to the commuter lot. ;o)

Have a blessed week in preparation for celebrating Christ's resurrection! I'm interested to see how things are celebrated here. If Easter is anything like other holidays here, it's going to be CRAZY.

Mark 16:5-7

As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

"Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "

1 comment:

The Wandering Wolverine said...

Oh yeah, I'm guessing Easter's going to be ridiculous there...

Speaking of ridiculous, it's St. Patrick's Day...