Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

There was a sunrise service today at 5am. I didn't make it. I was up pretty late last night because Christine, Rochelle, Jason, Sarah, and I watched "The Passion of the Christ" last night, and had a brief discussion. I hadn't seen it yet, but I was prepared.

I did find it frustrating that there was so little emphasis on the most important part of the story-- The resurrection! It was like 5 seconds of it, and very ambiguous. I guess it goes to show that Mel Gibson is a Roman Catholic.

It was a little bizarre here, because EVERYTHING closed down on Friday, but just about everything is open to day--the actual day we celebrate the resurrection. I don't know how I feel about it.

Well, I'm going to be packing and doing some last minute mango shopping these next few days. Won't be long now! =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryce. It's Sunday night and we arrived back safely with no incidents at the airports. Mom cooked us spaghetti and salad and brought it over here so we could eat with them and tell them about our trip. We have really been enjoying reading your lists and blogs and listening to your videos again. It's interesting to hear how the emphasis on Easter is the Crucifixion and not the Resurrection. I missed being at a service today actually, they even had a 8:15 service at the airport chapel! Dad hadn't been able to see any of your blogs since before we left so we really have enjoyed looking them all over. Won't be long now!!! How will fill your next few days? I imagine you're packing? Those were wonderful pictures of your small group! We are praying for Jason and will continue doing so.