Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mall of Asia

It's been a while since my last entry! I'm not dead, just busy... :D

Wow...It is raining BUCKETS. We haven't had any rain really since I got back from Washington, so I guess we're catching up today. It was raining when I woke up this morning, and it's raining even harder now at 11pm.

I left for Manila today, and had a GREAT day at the Mall of Asia. I had Wendy's for lunch (and it surprisingly tasted like home...they had good cheese! :D ), complete with a frosty. Very, very happy about that. Notice the "all-american burger" on the tray...I sort of doubt that.

Then I went to Starbucks, and had a great grande mocha. It's nice to get a little taste of America once in a while, after days of Chowking and KFC. I don't even count KFC as American food anymore, because I don't eat it in Michigan, EVER.

Here's some pictures of my adventure:












Haha, they even had pho. There was some sort of concert thing going on in the blue round area...I have no idea who it was, but they were REALLY bad at lip-syncing.

The ride home was loooooong. It took over 3 hours this time because of traffic! It's only 40 miles! Next time, I will go later and stay later. The traffic is much lighter later in the evening. The buses run until 11pm, so I could just catch a movie at the mall or something. I thought about seeing the new National Treasure (It just came out this weekend), but didn't want to stay too late this time. Maybe next time! :D

Well, hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh - so you did make it to the mall. Sounds like you're glad you went to the extra effort - even though he had a LONGGGGG trip back to Los Banos. Sounds like you really enjoyed the Frosty and hamburger!--and of course the Starbucks!!!! The pictures are neat - we showed them to grandparents Rink. Have a good week. You could pray - Dad's going in the Care Center temporarily - pry tomorrow. It's tough but best... Love, Mom

Aryn Shillair said...

Looks fun! I have the urge to shop but I have somewhat limited funds to spend. :)
I just bought tickets to go see Bren and John March 15-17. I'm excited. :) It will be fun. Short but good.
Have a wonderful day! Glad you could enjoy some good coffee. :)