Friday, December 7, 2007

Relaxing weekend

Good Morning! I went around with Jun today at IRRI and explored the long-term experiment. It's pretty complicated! I should get to do a few things with that experiment starting with transplanting next year, which will be fun. I have a work party to go to tonight, which should be a good time.


Last night in our small group, we discussed the section of James that talks about how faith without works is dead. We got into quite a discussion, and I came out with a lot of questions:
1. What defines a good work?
2. Can a non-believer do good works?
3. Is there any good in someone's life with the absence of a relationship with God?

Just something to think on. I would love it if you would post your thoughts, as we will probably do a quick recap discussion next week. Ok, I have to go shower for tonight. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! It was great talking with you last night - I'm relieved we are back up and running. Thanks for your patience!

Your questions are very good ones. (Notice I used the word "good"!) I will look over James and get back to you on this. I studied the Sermon on the Mount recently and it lists a guide of the qualities of a child of God - Matthew lists the beatitudes. I'll be back to discuss this soon! Have a wonderful weekend! Love, Mom