Monday, December 3, 2007

Puerto Galera!

Well, I just returned from Sabang Beach after a weekend of snorkeling. Let me tell you, God created a whole other world that is AWESOME to experience. It was the first time I had ever seen anything like that without it being inside of a glass aquarium. It was one of the most peaceful experiences I have ever had. After diving down into the water, it's almost completely silent, but there is so much life!

Unfortunately, I didn't have an underwater camera, so I couldn't take any pictures. But I have plenty from above the water:
Sabang

I did manage to see a sea snake and one of these:













It was a great experience, but I wasn't a huge fan of the boat ride out there from Batangas. One of the things I am discovering about myself here is that I am more prone to motion sickness than I ever knew. Hooray. :o\

It probably didn't help that I was coming down with the flu on our last day there. I'm feeling much better today, but last night was absolutely awful. I don't think it was food poisoning, but I suppose it could have been.

Well, I'm off to class pretty soon. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Katie Wright said...

Hey!! You sound like you are having a great time!! May I say this: so jealous about you getting to go snorkeling! Miss you...long time no talk. More later, but I have to run!!

bausonla said...

Aww, wooww. That's how I felt about snorkeling at Puerto Galera, too!! Like it's a whole new creation that I'd never seen before. And so peaceful. Pretty much, you described it just about exactly as I did.

cagayan de oro resorts said...

I felt the same way when I first took up snorkeling and was even more astonished when SCUBA came into play. Seeing these wonderful sea creatures up close was exhilarating especially the dangerous ones.