Saturday, December 15, 2007

Never a dull moment...

I just have to blog this...

I am sitting here in the lobby at SEARCA minding my own business, and I'm pretty much right beneath a mirror. There are very few actual glass windows in the dorm, so it's mostly open.

Well, a bird got confused. I didn't notice it until it flew smack into the mirror above me and fell, stunned, right onto my keyboard! I didn't know if it was knocked out or whatever, so I just sort of brushed it off onto the floor. (I know, I'm such a caring individual... :o\ maybe not.) Turns out, it was still alive and semi-coherent. Now I just hope I don't get bird flu...

So what does it do? Flies -- AGAIN -- right back into the mirror!! :o) I shouldn't be getting so much pleasure out of this... Oh well. It missed my keyboard this time, and I think it was actually pretty seriously conked out. It actually JUST woke up and managed to find its way out through an open window.

I just thought I would share that story with you. ;o) Go ahead and say it--I'm a horrible person. Or at least I should never have a bird for a pet. =D

3 comments:

Katie Wright said...

you dont even need me to say it...i know. but heck here it is...where's the love.

the poor fellow was stuck in a strange place with magical barriers that make the area seem larger. Then it gets injured and shoved around by a giant. Out of fear it flys as fast as it can and BAM...oh the pain. He comes to, to the sound of rumbling, a deep consistent sound we call laughter. But then manages to find an area that is not magical and escapes the odd world.

Mel said...

Birds flying into your windows...ants coming out of your keyboard...man. Sounds like a good time! :)

Anonymous said...

HI - jUST HEARD YOUR BLOGS. sounds like you are doing okay. GETTING SETTLED IN ETC. i HAVE BEEN DOING BAKING AND THOUGHT IF i HAD AN ADDRESS i WOULD MAKE SOME COOKIES AND SEND THEM. tHE BAKING IS MOSTLY FOR FRIENDS AND jOHNNY IN tx. Survivor will finish and we all have a idea who will get the million. Envy your warm weather. Merry Christmas. Grandma R