Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR--12 more weeks

I flew in yesterday for my last 3 months here in the Philippines. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by! Coming here from the US is much easier than getting back to the US, haha. All my flights were on time, and I even had 2 extra seats next to me on the long flight, so I could stretch out and sleep.

I haven't really battled jet-lag here yet. I had a huge problem in Washington, but not much here. I guess I'll know for sure when I try to go to bed tonight.

It was a great break from being here, and very refreshing to be with family. I tended to take family for granted when I was home, always going out with friends and hardly ever talking on the phone with my sisters or grandparents. I guess it's just been a little bit of a wake-up call for what really matters in life. Thanks mom and dad for helping me out financially--I was really glad to be there! :D

Here's the pictures from the break:
Christmas in Washington 2007


I'm not sure what is happening tonight. I've heard a few fireworks, but haven't heard about any formal gathering or anything. I might take a walk down to UP square to see if anything is happening later on. All of the students are still at home, so it's just the international students.

Please pray that I will adjust. I'm fighting off a bit of a let-down from being in the US, and getting re-acquainted with life and culture here. I'll get there, it will just take me a few days. Have a great party/ball drop/whatever you do on New Year's Eve! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! We just got your blog here at Grandma and Grandpa Dawsons. Grandma got to see your pictures of our trip. That is so neat that you can send them that quickly! We had a nice dinner and came up and had cake. Mom and I are on the computer and the guys are sleeping I think. Dad helped Grandpa with the license on their car. We are supposed to get 3-6" of snow today and tonight and got 2" overnight. It looks like Eric may have shoveled for us while we were gone!

We love you and are definitely praying. We are feeling jet lag today so we pry won't stay up til midnight tonight.

Love, Mom

Chelsea said...

It was so fun to see and talk to you online during new years! I am glad that you got to spend it with us even though you were thousands of miles away.

Chelsea said...

It was so fun to see and talk to you online during new years! I am glad that you got to spend it with us even though you were thousands of miles away.