Monday, November 26, 2007

Just a little something to think about...

Well, seeing that I don't have to much to update right now, I'm going to fill you in with what I've been studying in the mornings:

Galatians 6:14--

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

It's been interesting, because Oswald Chambers has been writing about so often we make the Cross about ourselves. We don't necessarily focus on the implications of the Cross, or what happened there, but moreso what we GET out of the cross. But it's really not about us, and what we get, it's about Christ, and what He did for us.

Now, there's definitely a place for discussing grace, mercy, etc. But just so long as we don't lose touch with what exactly happened there. Christ gave His life as a sacrifice for all mankind. It was an act of obedience, an act of purpose. So often it's so easy to make the cross about us and our redemption, and not look at it as a moment of Absolute Glory for God.

Part of what is discussed in the devotional is what it means to "preach Christ crucified." It should be enough to share what Christ did for us on the cross, to open people's eyes to the Truth. We shouldn't have to make it about ourselves in order to make it appealing. God is good, that is for sure. =D

So that's what has been on my mind the last couple of days. For some reason, My Upmost for His Highest had the same verse for 2 days...so it must be important. At the end of the year, I'm going to switch out that book for another one my mom gave me, called "A Shepherds look at Psalm 23." It should be interesting.

What is going on with everyone at home?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryce. You are either studying right now or getting ready to call it a day. Thanks for sharing from Oswald Chambers! I REALLY got a lot from his devotionals - so many deep truths we don't think of on the surface. It was good to be reminded. Yes, Christ IS the one we need to focus on - not just what He has done for "me"! I will definitely take that to heart as the Christmas season comes and we focus on His Birth. (I miss having you around for decorating! Dad and I are excited to have to come to Seattle, it'll be special for sure.)

Hope Wednesday goes well with you and the rice patties! I'll pray for good weather.

Thanking God for answered prayer regarding the typhoon. He is who He says He is and He can do what He says He can do!!! :)

Love you, Mom

Katie Wright said...

bryce, thanx for sharing. it is so easy to forget what the true purpose of things...especially when we are so me centric!!