Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Skunked again...

Well, it rained last night. This is turning into a pattern. I went with Kuya Wency to Victoria, and a couple of his technicians, and it was just too wet for planting. The place looked like a lake, I think there was a river where there wasn't supposed to be. They're currently draining the research plot as quickly as possible, and planting will probably happen this weekend...if it doesn't rain again.

Here's a few pictures (click to see them full size):







I will miss planting because I will be in Sabang near Puerto Galera. I have been assured, though, that I will have plenty of opportunities to be out planting rice. I was happy to hear that. I want to do it at least once! I'm so grateful for everyone at IRRI, they've all been so nice and helpful!

I move into the dorms tomorrow, which is exciting. I'm going to pack everything up tonight. It will be nice to not have to worry about utility bills, and to have laundry close by. Well, I have a class at 4, so I'm going to head out. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Katie Wright said...

i think you need to tell the weather to straighten up...say something like this, "RAIN...STOP IT!!" tell me how that goes for you!

thanx for the comment on my blog...things only hurt a little when i have to talk to people about my decisions.

so happy about you moving in to the dorms tomorrow...do you have people to help you move? i'll pray for sunshine...at least long enough for things to stay dry.

Abby said...

Good luck with the move today! I hope the rain holds out so you don't have to worry about everything getting wet. Glad to hear things are going well for you though! I'm jealous... I wish I would have done something cool like you are during my college time. Talk to you soon!