Friday, November 16, 2007

Food for Thought...

Isaiah 30:21

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

This verse has served as an encouragement to me the last few days, so I thought I would share it with you. God never leaves us on our own to figure things out. He's always there, directing our paths, and guiding us into right decisions.

One thing that I've been learning from "My Upmost for His Highest" is that eventually we should get to the place where we trust God so much, that we are in tune with His guidance to a point where we just follow without asking questions.

I ask a lot of questions, and I'm learning that I need to just obey immediately.
Psalm 1 is another great passage I will share with you:

1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.


I don't know about you, but I eagerly await God's blessing. He shows it in odd ways at times, but it's there. I really like this Psalm because there is an element to eventual victory in it, that God's power and control surpasses anything that I can understand.

I thought I would leave this for you to reflect upon...I didn't have much else to write. Laundry and dishes today :D. Have a great weekend!

PS-How was Silver Bells?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SCREW THOSE SILVER BELLS!

ahahhaa. sorry.

thanks for the chat. have a great day!

nae

Katie Wright said...

bryce...
you rock my socks. today is a better day :). i will talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

silver bells was amazing! i think it was busier than last year. at least the tree this year isn't all purple :P

miss you.
hope you're feeling better.

*laura*