Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 2, and my towel won't dry.

Aryn, I think I understand the problem that you had when you first moved to Seattle. Nothing dries here! EVER. It's far too humid, and my apartment gets very little sunshine.

It's rained here, really hard, for the last couple of days on and off. It's nice though, because it cools the temperature for a little while.

I have a cell phone now. I feel like such a sinner. But I didn't really have a choice. I would give out the number, but I don't know how international calls work...it was a cheapie. Skype is still the best, but it has to be planned. My screen name is brycecr if you want to add me to your list.

I've decided to move into the dorms. The apartment I'm currently living in is a good half-hour walk from campus, and I don't want to have to ride jeepnies everywhere. Plus, it's safer, among students, and there are laundry facilities and internet. Also, I won't have chickens as a natural alarm clock anymore, at 4 am.

Well, I will probably update close to every day, so I will keep them relatively short. Please pray for me because I'm having a little trouble adjusting to being so far from home. I miss you all. :D Yay for the internet and email! please feel free to email me at brycecr@yahoo.com . I will definitely respond, and it's encouraging to hear from all of you. Yay for comments! :o)

I am going to a small group Bible Study meeting tomorrow with one of the Americans that works at IRRI. I think I will feel much more comfortable here once I get plugged into a group where I can have fellowship. See you later!

3 comments:

rightbrainedamoeba said...

i am redeeming coke points online. instead of doing my homework... but i'm done now.
have a good one!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I will be doing it every day for the 8 months that Mike is going through 2 Timothy, but I read chapter 1 today. There were 2 verses that stood out to me and I thought I'd share them with you too. :)
For the Spirit God gave us is not of timidity, but of power, of love and of self-discipline...Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.
Know in whom you believe...that is a good challenge for all of us I think. :) God will use this opportunity you have to make Himself so real to you and give you an even greater sense of His love for you and His peace! He's answered a lot of prayers already. We'll keep praying for you. :)
love, aryn

Katie Wright said...

bryce,
you are going to have an amazing time!! just keep reminding yourself you are there because God wants you there! i miss you too!! we need to talk on skype soon!!
-love your sis in Christ
katie