Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I've been busy...

So it's been a while since I updated. I've been running around, trying to tie off loose ends, and get everything together for my departure on October 31st. Lucky for me, I have a place to live when I get there, and some time to figure everything out before classes begin.

I created a Skype account today. This is a pretty nifty feature, and it will allow me to call home for less than 1 cent/minute. It's nice to know that I can talk for an hour for less than a dollar! Lisa told me today that I could probably rescue a couple of web cams from salvage (in the basement of our building), and could possibly be able to talk face-to-face to some of you, if I can get them to you. I'll have to try and work out all of the details for that stuff later on.

I still have a lot to do! I need to get to the dentist, the health department, the credit union, and start packing. I've been setting stuff aside for a while now, but it's getting to be crunch time! Please pray that I will sell my car soon. I was encouraged to know that I should be able to live comfortably for less than $500/month, so if I stick to a budget, I should be ok. But selling the car would give me a little bit of a cushion financially.

Thanks for all of your prayers, and it won't be long until you see me posting pictures of white sand beaches, palm trees, and rice patties! :o) Have a great week!

I found a few pictures of Los Banos:







No comments: