Tuesday, September 25, 2007

October 12

Well, for now I am just planning on leaving for Seattle on October 12. I'll stay for a few days, and one of the students from State is planning on me showing up in Los Banos on the 15th or 16th. I, of course, am waiting to purchase a plane ticket until it is confirmed that I am leaving.

Thank you all for praying for me during this time of transition. It has been a challenge for me to remain patient and trusting while I wait. I understand that God is in charge, and He will work things out in His own time. Whatever the outcome of the situation, I am learning quite a bit about myself and how I handle pressure.

I'm having a difficult time transitioning out of the college group as well. It's hard for me to relate to the group anymore, we just aren't in the same place. I look at this as a good thing, because it just re-inforces to me that I am indeed ready to go away. But at the same time, I'm finding myself with a lot of down time. I've been doing a lot of waiting....

So, anyways, I should hear this week, hopefully today or tomorrow (I haven't been home to check the mail yet). I have asked the Study Abroad Office to put some pressure on UPLB, and I will be checking with them throughout the week to make sure things are taken care of. I will be sure to let you all know the outcome. Again, thanks for your prayers! I really appreciate them.

1 comment:

aryn said...

OK! Good choice for the 12th. Keep me posted on your ETA. Sodaney is out the 11th and 12th so I wouldn't have been able to take off the whole day Friday. But I could leave early to pick you up if that's the way your flight works out. Maybe you could leave the 16th? I could take Monday off and we could hang out. Let me know if that would work. I don't know if you have already bought your tickets or not.
love, aryn