Thursday, July 5, 2007

College trips, Immersion camps, and Baseball games...

I finally got a new laptop, so my mouse doesn't go all bezerk on me anymore! This is a very good day. But because of the new laptop, I'll have to upload my pictures from the weekend at the cottage tomorrow sometime. We had a good time, and although there was about 22 of us, the group didn't feel that big. I admit to getting a little emotionally exhausted trying to play host for 3 days, but it all worked out fine.

Work is extremely busy. It's a little strange coming in on a Thursday to a ton of things to do, but hey, it has to be done. Our summer camps (the Confucius Institute Immersion Program) begin next week, and there is still so much to be done. Lucky for me, my boss knows I'm not good with children, so I won't actually have to GO to the camps. I can laugh at my co-workers from inside the office. But in the mean time, we have registration and medical forms to sift through, backpacks and nametags to put together, and supplies to compile for the teachers. Should be interesting, as this is the first year for the program.

The fourth was fun...I went to a Lugnut's game downtown, and saw the fireworks. I thought it was a little odd, they started the downtown fireworks during the game, and then the Lugnut's fireworks started in the middle of the downtown display. There were crashes and bangs all over the place! The people behind us were joking about how they were going to explode from too much to look at.

Well, that's about it for now. Hopefully everything goes well with the wedding in Milwaukee, Mom and Dad will be home Saturday evening sometime.

No comments: