Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hooha for free food..

Today is a prime example of Michigan weather at it's finest/worst, depending on how you look at it. It started out blistering hot and sunny, and then in seconds turned into a thunderstorm--dumping buckets of rain. Unfortunately for me, I thought to myself this morning "I'll leave my windows cracked, so my car doesn't bake." Well, that didn't work out so well for me. I also had the sunroof open, so I'll see how it all faired when I get to the car at 5:00.

I got a free lunch today! One of my co-workers won a free taste-test meal for 8 people at Noodles & Company. The set out about 15 of their dishes for us to try, all for free! Pot-stickers, penne pasta, pesto maccaroni, and stuff like that. There was also a fish-based pasta with tofu...not so wonderful.

Last night, I had a meeting with Neil, my college pastor. I never anticipated it lasting for SIX HOURS. He took me to the Missions Committee meeting at South, telling me we'd be there for 10 minutes. An hour and a half later, we went golfing on the putting greens at Little Hawk...and then it was off to his house to look at some chairs. It was an interesting night. :D

This weekend we head up to the cottage. It will be interesting to see how many people show, because I still haven't been given a comprehensive list. I'm not impressed, as usual, with the organization of the college group. If I could do more, I would; but as for right now, I'm kind of stuck.

The forcast looks good, and I'm sure we'll have a good time.

No comments: