Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, we had GREAT weather up at Grand Lake this year. It wasn't as warm as last year, but we still got in the water and had a good time. I'm glad that I have adventurous friends who would swim regardless of the temperature. :o)


It was really, really windy. The sun was almost always out, but I think we had one of the windiest days at Grand Lake that I can remember. Much too windy for the sailboat. We busied ourselves with swimming in the lake, but also at Lake Huron. We did some hiking around, and played a lot of Boggle. Before this trip, I had only played that game maybe twice. Aryn, Brenda, and I never played it up there, and I didn't realize it had become so popular. Maybe it's just with my friends.

We had a little bit of trouble with the dock this year. I think that the lake was way up, so it was down too far in the water. We initially tried putting the last section on blocks, but that made it really unsteady, and the pontoon was practically pushing it off the blocks.

We did make it out to the Disappearing Stream, which was not quite how I remembered it. There was almost NO TRAIL. I don't know if they've just really let it go, or if we were in the completely wrong side of the road. We followed the river as best as possible, but then things just got ridiculous. I sort of remember going all the way until it disappeared again, but we didn't make it that far. Oh well, we still had a good time. The mosquitos definitely kept us moving.

Overall, it was a great trip. Mom and Dad had a good time, and my friends said they would come back, so I guess we didn't scare them away. Now it's back to the swing of things for the summer. Have a good week!


Here's the link for the album:
Grand Lake Memorial Day Weekend

No comments: