Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Camping Trip

Well, I survived the cold. I got to use my new tent, which was nice. It proved to be water proof because we had a pretty big storm last night, and it made it. I also got to use the sleeping bag that I got for Christmas as well.

We had sunny weather for the most part, so I still went swimming despite the cold. The lake was not warm by any measure, but the waves were big, so that made it fun anyway.

There were twelve of use that went on the trip, and we had a great time! I got pretty burnt...too much napping outside I guess. We got to run around on the dunes, go hiking in the woods, and spend some time just talking around the fire. It's nice because I hardly see my friends from LCS throughout the year. Its unusual to keep friends this long past high school, but we want to turn this into a yearly endeavor.

It should be interesting next year, because Chip and Megan will be MARRIED next year, and possibly even Neil. He proposed to his girlfriend on the beach one night, which was kind of funny. We all knew he was going to do it, so we were all just kind of waiting for it to happen.

Here's a link to the album if you want to see what we were up to:

Sleeping Bear Dunes 2007

A lot of the trip revolved around seeing how big we could make a fire and still be safe. One of these days, maybe my friends and I will grow out of our pyro fascination, but I doubt it. :D Oh well. Ok, well, that's all I have to report for now. The next trip I have will be Memorial Day weekend at the cottage.

No comments: