Monday, April 2, 2007

Monday

Well, I went to that meeting last night. There were four american students and a plethora of filipinos. Everyone that I met was very nice, and it's good to know that when I fly over in October, they will be there.

I learned quite a bit about the program, and just what living there is like. Two of the guys that went on the trip last year showed up late and gave us some idea on what to look into before we left, where to live when we got there, how to get around, etc. The three guys that are going in June are going to have an interesting time. From what I could tell, they are all very, VERY different, and if they end up living together, well, let's just say I'm sort of glad that I'm not going with them.

The idea of me going by myself is pretty intimidating, but at the same time, it makes it more of an adventure. Heading out into another culture, an different HEMISPHERE, completely on my own. But I'm sure I have nothing to worry about. I told my mom the only way to move out of my house was to move to the other side of the world. She didn't think it was that funny :oD .

So, it's becoming more and more real every day. I have to get together with my advisor to find out what is required for my internship that I have to do to graduate, and whether or not working at IRRI (the International Rice Research Institute) will get me the three credits that I need. Let's hope so!

No comments: